CLEANROOM AIR SHOWER
Cleanroom Air Shower - 2 Unit Tunnel - Low Profile CAP-701LP-ST2-49108
Cleanroom Air Showers serve to protect your cleanroom environment from unwanted contamination. Air showers can greatly enhance your cleanroom's performance by removing surface contamination from clothing and cleanroom garments. Gowning/changing room areas are the interface between a dirty "street clothes" environment and a clean room environment. Unfortunately, the changing or gowning process itself releases contaminants from street clothes that can settle onto the "clean" garments. Air showers blow off and remove much of this contamination preventing it from entering the clean space.
It has a knock down design that allows ease of installation and flexibility in use. The unit can be shipped knocked down or completely assembled. When shipped knocked down, all part a will fit through a standard door. All service to the blower, motor and filters is done from inside the air shower. The unit also offers an optional design that allows all the installation assembly to be done from inside the air shower.
CLEANROOM AIR SHOWER GENERAL OPERATION
The air shower produces high pressure air, filters this air through a HEPA/ULPA filter, then flows the air through adjustable nozzles which exit at a high velocity. The air is then recirculated back to the high pressure blower, where it is prefiltered then HEPA/ULPA filtered and ducted back to the adjustable high velocity cleaning nozzles. The Series 701 provides approximately 1900 CFM total. With this high air flow volume (power) and the high nozzle velocity (force), the people inside the air shower are cleaned faster and more effectively. There are 32 adjustable air nozzles in each standard air shower section - 16 per side. The nozzles are aluminum with a clear anodized finish. They have a 1.2 inch inside diameter, with approximately 7800 LFPM (9000 LFPM peak) nozzle velocity.
CLEANROOM AIR SHOWER LOW PROFILE OPTION
The Series 701LP has an overall assembled height of 95 inches. The unit has the blower assembly, HEPA filter, and electrical components mounted on the side to permit the lower height. It can be assembled in a space 96" high, making it ideal for retrofits or areas where penetrating the ceiling is undesirable. The unit is shipped disassembled to the point that all parts will fit through a standard doorway. Service access to the blower assembly, filters and electrical components is through two doors on each end of the unit.
CLEANROOM AIR SHOWER FILTERS
The system uses a high capacity 24"x24"x12" deep HEPA/ULPA wood framed filter that has a 99.97% efficiency DOP test rating on 0.3 micron particles. The filters are serviced through an access panel located in the interior ceiling of the air shower. The four 10"x20" high efficiency pleated prefilters are located on the lower internal side walls behiind a hinged perforated grill to allow easy access. Prefilters with the raised floor option are located in the upper blower compartment or under the floor grate depending on the options.
CLEANROOM AIR SHOWER RAISED GRATED FLOOR AIR RETURNS
A raised floor can enhance the performance of the air shower, especially with high traffic or where critical cleaning is required.
The raised floor has a heavy duty floor grate made with 1/8"x1" vertical mounted bars which run the length of the shower and are close enough together to easily walk on. The large open area between the bars allows most of the dirt and other contamination to fall through the grating into the lower containment area. The small amount of top area of the 1/8" bars are "self cleaning" in that as people walk over the bars, contamination that may have settled on the top edge tends to be pushed off and falls into the lower containment plenum.
As the air comes out of the nozzles, it cleans the people inside and flows downward through the floor grate and into the return air plenum, pulling with it contamination that otherwise would settle out on a solid floor.
The floor grate can be easily removed to allow periodic cleaning of the lower plenum. The 6" lower plenum typically is mounted below the cleanroom, so the interior grated floor of the air shower is flush with the existing cleanroom floor.
CLEANROOM AIR SHOWER MAGNEAHELIC PRESSURE GAGES OPTION
The unit can be furnished with Magnahelic air pressure gages to sense the differential pressure across the HEPA/ULPA filter and/or prefiler, to indicate when the filters need servicing. A gage can also be used to measure the air pressure supplying the nozzles. The pressure supplied to the nozzles is directly proportional to the velocity of the nozzles. This pressure can then be used to indicate if there was a problem with the nozzle velocity which is typically caused by a dirty HEPA/ULPA filter or prefilter.
Pictured Air Shower Options:
• 2 Unit Tunnel
• Low Profile
• Single Door
• Variable Frequency Drive
• Raised Floor Return
• Magnehelic Gauge Dual (per section)
• ULPA Upgrade
CLEANROOM AIR SHOWER GENERAL FEATURES
• Durable and cleanroom approved painted cold rolled steel shell
• No silicone used - only low outgssing epoxy or urethane sealant
• (2) anodized aluminum framed safety glass doors with hydraulic door closers
• (1) LED recessed light fixture with wall switch
• (2) removable high pressure interior nozzle wall panels
• (1) 5HP (3.7kW), 3600 RPM sealed ball bearing continuous duty motor (motor meets or exceeds US EP Act and NRCan Canadian efficiency standards)
• (1) superior efficiency direct drive aluminum air foil wheel
• 7800 FPM (39.62 m/s) average nozzle velocity
• 1900 CFM (0.9 m3/s) Average
• (1) 24x24x11.5, 99.97% HEPA filter
• (4) wall return air grills with 10x20x1 MERV 8 Prefilters
• (1) 2½ inch diameter sprinkler sleeve
• Programmable microprocessor PLC with 0-30 second adjustable run time and 0-10 second adjustable wait time
• UL508A panel sticker
• CSA Listed (selected models)
• 208 Volt, 60 Hz, 3 Phase, 4 wire, 14.5 FLA
CLEANROOM AIR SHOWER OUTSIDE WIDTH OPTIONS
• 50 inch (36 inch single doors) (standard)
• 56 inch (42 inch single doors
• 62 inch (48 inch single doors)
CLEANROOM AIR SHOWER DEPTH OPTIONS
• 54 inch (standard)
• 72 inch
CLEANROOM AIR SHOWER NOZZLE OPTIONS
• Fixed nozzles
• Concentrated wall nozzle pattern
• Air knife design
• Rub rail nozzle protection
• Wall point ionization system
CLEANROOM AIR SHOWER GENERAL OPTIONS
• Raised floor return
• Hazardous location design
• Type 304 #4 finish stainless steel pharmaceutical package
CLEANROOM AIR SHOWER FILTER OPTIONS
• ULPA upgrade to 99.999% on 0.12 micron particles
• Additional pre-filter on blower
• Magnehelic gage - single
• Magnehelic gage - dual
CLEANROOM AIR SHOWER SHELL OPTIONS
• Powder coated painted cold rolled steel (standard white) (standard)
• Powder coated paiinted cold rolled steel (customer specified)
• Type 304 #4 finish stainless steel walls and cabinet
• Type 316L 2b finish stainless steel walls and cabinet
There are many options which can be designed into the air shower. Please
call to discuss your requirements
For more options, visit our main Cleanroom Air Shower section.