The 3M Static Sensor 718 is an easy-to-use, hand-held instrument designed to measure static voltages on objects and surfaces, arising from electrostatic charge buildups. This instrument can play a valuable role in an organization’s ESD-control program by helping the user locate and quantify ESD trouble-spots. • Small-size, lightweight, conductive plastic housing.
• Membrane switches for Power, Range/Zero, and Hold functions.
• Digital, LCD (liquid-crystal) display is easy to read and updates quickly.
• Ranging systems assist user in making quick and easy measurements
* Measurements accurate to 5%
* Output jack available for continuous measurements
Dimensions 0.85"H x 2.4"W x 4.15"L
Weight 4.5 oz with battery
Power Requirements One 9 volt alkaline battery (not included)
Measurement Ranges 0-2 KV Low Range
0-20 KV High Range
Voltage Display 3½ digit liquid crystal display
Distance Indicator LED targets, Aligned targets indicate
1" (2.54cm) measurement distance
Measurement Accuracy Within 5% of actual voltage
Certifications UL, C-UL, CE, C8-scheme, NOM
3M-718 3M Air Ionizer Tester/Field Meter and Charger